Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.  • Help
SMF Underground
+ SHMUP-DEV » SHMUP DEV COMPETITIONS » Previous SHMUP-DEV Competitions » AutoFire 2007 SHOOTER Competition [COMPLETED]
|-+ Thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Read February 01, 2007, 05:07:43 AM #0
the2bears

Thanks

A big thanks to Matt for organizing and hosting the contest, Tim for helping out and to everyone who got their games done... I'm in awe looking over the group of entries, what a variety of art and games.

Bill

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Read February 01, 2007, 09:49:33 AM #1
Blueberry

Re: Thanks

I agree. Even though my game was far from finish the compo was very good. The relaxed rules made it easy to make a game with your own concept. I think that attracted many people, and the point of this compo is really to get as many good games as possible isn't it?

Thanks a lot anyway!
Read February 01, 2007, 09:54:29 AM #2
relsoft

Kudos!!!

Hello
Read February 01, 2007, 11:44:00 AM #3
jony

Indeed, thanks for giving us an end date that we had to ship by!  Really helps finish games! Smiley  Its been a pleasure and all the great games out there are a blast to download and try out.  Good job to all of the game creators, the work around the board has been very good!
Read February 01, 2007, 12:50:48 PM #4
Havard

Well done to Matt (and anyone else invovled).  A agree about the relaxed rules although I'm better at remakes than original ideas I think!!!

Looking forward to the next one already!
Read February 01, 2007, 04:30:20 PM #5
gyger

A definite thank you for hosting this competition and providing a generous amount of time to work on our entries

Steel Armada Onslaught - Yoyogames Ancient Civ Contest Entry
Read February 01, 2007, 07:27:38 PM #6
mice

Ah, come on...what you really mean is that we all want to know when the next contest starts.  Grin

19 finalists out of 67 entries or so, pretty good.
And as you all say, the variety is astonishing.

As relsoft expressed it, kudos Matt!
Read February 01, 2007, 07:45:12 PM #7
Matt McFarland

Thanks to everyone for participating. I'm very happy with the results and am also glad to see such a great variety!!   cool2

<a href="http://www.mattmcfarland.com/flash/myFlashSig.swf" target="_blank">http://www.mattmcfarland.com/flash/myFlashSig.swf</a>
Read February 01, 2007, 07:55:12 PM #8
Foppy

Thanks Matt!
Read February 01, 2007, 08:23:21 PM #9
cactus

Thanks! This is the best competition I've participated in so far. I really like the games it has spawned, and it has been an enjoyable ride these last few days when they started showing up. Looking forward to the next one!
Read February 01, 2007, 10:33:39 PM #10
Crimson Knight

I'd personally like to thank the whole community for this effort.

All the entries are very unqiue, and while I've only tried a handful, it was nice seeing what everyone wanted to contribute to the competition, from shoot 'em ups to cute 'em ups, which is new to my ears. It also gave me a bigger perspective as to what makes a shooter a shooter to some people.

A few months ago, I never dreamed I'd be creating anything significant in such a short amount of time. I had next to nothing for motivation to complete anything. This competition was that motivation. Smiley

I hope that in the next possible contest, I'll be able to contribute something even better, as I loved participating, regardless of what reciprocation was in store for me.
Read February 01, 2007, 10:49:58 PM #11
the2bears

A few months ago, I never dreamed I'd be creating anything significant in such a short amount of time. I had next to nothing for motivation to complete anything. This competition was that motivation. Smiley

Aside from the creation of all these great games this is the next best thing about the contests.  They've motivated me as well to get something releasable and "out there" for people to try. 

Bill

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Read February 01, 2007, 11:02:35 PM #12
Adigun A. Polack

Well first off, I would like to congratulate everyone and especially Matt McFarland for making this Autofire 2007 Competition more of an awesome success, with such amazingly damn good entries as Force Majeure, Riders of the Storm, Clean Asia, and Marvellous Twilight to name only four of them!!!  Cheesy

And on the next Shmup-dev competition, I would love to be one of the judges, since I got a brand-new computer this Christmas of 2006 and am up to date with the newest shmups and stuff featured here, and also since I am good with reviewing some new material that comes up, as some of you might have seen in my posts that I have posted since I first came to these forums.  Anyway, the main thing is CONGRATULATIONS once again to everybody for their outstanding works in helping to make this competition a huge success since the “Horizontal Shooter with Boss” compo in here!!!  d=Grin=b

A most splendid cheers to all of you!!!  Wink !
Read February 02, 2007, 02:32:26 AM #13
fsFreak

Heh.. should've opened my eyes a bit before making a similar thread than this huh Smiley

Anyway, here's a, for me, important message for shmup developers:
http://www.shmup-dev.com/forum/index.php?topic=1061.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 19 queries.