Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.  • Help
SMF Underground
+ SHMUP-DEV » SHMUP DEV COMPETITIONS » Previous SHMUP-DEV Competitions » AutoFire 2007 SHOOTER Competition [COMPLETED]
|-+ Wow thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Read February 07, 2007, 09:18:35 PM #0
Matt McFarland

Wow thanks

Hey guys,

I'm really impressed with the entries so far.  I haven't played all the games just yet but I assure you I've been spending quality time with each game to give it the best review possible! 

I just wanted to give you the heads up, that so far almost every entry has been fantastic!  This is by far the greatest competition for shmup-dev to date!  Thanks to everyone for participating Smiley

<a href="http://www.mattmcfarland.com/flash/myFlashSig.swf" target="_blank">http://www.mattmcfarland.com/flash/myFlashSig.swf</a>
Read February 08, 2007, 01:05:30 AM #1
Adigun A. Polack

Re: Wow thanks

My excellent man, you are QUITE welcome!!!  d=Grin=b !

Since there have indeed been a LOT of great entries with three of them being Clean Asia, Force Majeure, and Riders of the Storm for example no doubt this will be an intensified tooth-and-nail battle to the rather end to see which game wins the ultimate crown in this Autofire 2007 Competition... you are right though, this is most indeed one of the VERY BEST competitions that Shmup-dev has ever had to date!!!  Cool cheesy2

I for one cannot wait to see you release the results soon, Matt!!!  wink2 !
Read February 08, 2007, 02:07:15 AM #2
Pixel_Outlaw

I think the level of freedom with design and lack of restriction was really what made this compo fun. You could do anything, you just had to have an autofire weapon. This balance of freedom and a very small unifying theme should be used in the future.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 02:52:14 AM by Pixel_Outlaw »

Aviator sunglasses are pretty much the shmups of the sunglasses world.
Read February 08, 2007, 02:45:04 AM #3
the2bears

I vote for options, sidearms, or whatever you want to call the little floating things you can get as powerups.  I've also been thinking about doing a tutorial on them, or at least how to code springs and have that control the position of your options.

Bill

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Read February 08, 2007, 04:21:04 PM #4
Matt McFarland

So far I've been playing just one game a day and taking notes on each.  I'm testing each game and enjoying it!  I'm about 40% complete with my reviews so there's still more time to cover.  Yes, that means I didn't play any of the games until the contest officially ended!  tongue2  I assure you, we'll be covering this contest better than any contest in the past.  I really want to see our contests progress better and better each time so expect some extensive reviews this time around.  Wink
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 04:22:36 PM by Matt McFarland »

<a href="http://www.mattmcfarland.com/flash/myFlashSig.swf" target="_blank">http://www.mattmcfarland.com/flash/myFlashSig.swf</a>
Read February 08, 2007, 11:20:12 PM #5
relsoft

I vote for options, sidearms, or whatever you want to call the little floating things you can get as powerups.  I've also been thinking about doing a tutorial on them, or at least how to code springs and have that control the position of your options.

Bill

Rope Physics?

Hello
Read February 10, 2007, 05:49:40 PM #6
the2bears

Bill

Rope Physics?

Well, I'd start out simple with just spring physics, how to attract and "bounce" to given points, then using that as a basis for solitary orbit or following options.  The rope stuff then for more complex Gradius style followers, perhaps.  Too little time for all my plans Smiley

Bill

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Read February 12, 2007, 04:44:10 AM #7
relsoft

Cool!!

I was curious because I made a rope(and cloth) simulator using springs. The tute I took from Hugo Elias' site. :*)

Hello
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 19 queries.