Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.  • Help
SMF Underground
+ SHMUP-DEV » SHMUP DEV COMPETITIONS » SHMUP-DEV Competition 2k7 Round 2 [COMPLETED] » Official Entries
|-+ ProtoType II (Complete)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Read September 29, 2007, 06:22:44 PM #320
X-0ut

Re: ProtoType II

Ok its done. Upload is going to take a little while so when its done I'll modify the first post.
Just want to thank everyone that helped out, be it creating music, beta testing or just general feedback. Thankyou.
Read October 01, 2007, 02:23:08 AM #321
HunchedWarrior

Re: ProtoType II (Complete)

Downloading it now Cheesy

REALLY looking forward to playing all the other entries instead of working on mine.

Are you ready set?
We started on a trip to hell
Read October 01, 2007, 04:50:02 PM #322
X-0ut

Crap, managed to upload with some minor bugs. Nothing drastic just some graphical glitches on the scoreboard.
I wont release a fixed version until after the results are in.
Read October 02, 2007, 04:38:54 AM #323
Shoot-em-upper

The only thing I didn't like about the contest version was the *pop* at the beginning of an explosion.  For me it was pretty distracting compared to before.

I came, I saw, I posted.
Read October 02, 2007, 05:05:47 AM #324
monoRAIL

Fantastic game X-Out. This is quite an achievement, it's a commercial quality game. It's going to take me quite some time to beat it!
Read October 02, 2007, 05:08:35 AM #325
the2bears

Fantastic game X-Out. This is quite an achievement, it's a commercial quality game. It's going to take me quite some time to beat it!

Quoted for speaking the truth.  My problem is trying to get good enough to show screen shots from all the levels Tongue  AAP will be along soon enough to show me how it's done and provide what I cannot achieve on my own  Cheesy

Bill

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Read October 02, 2007, 06:20:26 AM #326
X-0ut

If your really stuck, the cheat page allows you to select which level to start from.
I was hoping you would like this 2bears, that to me says its got the rtype feel.
Read October 11, 2007, 05:17:26 PM #327
HunchedWarrior

I really like the graphics of the game. I find Stage 2 a bit frustrating, after getting past the solid wall of shootable brown stuff where you have to squeeze between wall building enemies I always get killed by the mass of guns and walkers that follows. And then immidiately get dumped into a hailstorm of bullets much earlier in the level.

Love the game overall though.

Are you ready set?
We started on a trip to hell
Read October 15, 2007, 06:21:50 AM #328
X-0ut

There is some tricky moments, especially on the 2nd and 3rd stage. Holding the right weapon can make a big difference and if all else fails detonate the weapon (real life saver).
I can see that it would get frustrating being dumped into an awkward position (I know exactly the part you speak of and I lost many a life there during play testing too). Its a generic flaw of the style of game. But I suppose in future releases I can try to be a bit more forgiving.
Read November 03, 2007, 09:55:36 AM #329
9_6

can't play it.
As soon as i press one of the arrowkeys, the game freezes.
Read November 05, 2007, 10:00:22 AM #330
X-0ut

Unfortunately theres nothing I can do with this now.
My PC burnt out a few days back and I lost mostly everything.
Read November 05, 2007, 10:36:59 AM #331
motorherp

ouch harsh.  Always back up your stuff man, harddrive failures are painful.  A good little tip for quickly and freely backing up your code iterations -> create a gmail account and mail yourself the code each time you make significant changes.  This way you not only get a backup stored out on the net in case your computer snuffs it but its also pretty cool in that you also end up with all your iterations archived so you can roll back if something doesn't work out and you need to undo it.

Read November 05, 2007, 01:53:10 PM #332
Shoot-em-upper

For some reason, that seems fairly common on this forum.

I came, I saw, I posted.
Read November 05, 2007, 02:07:13 PM #333
the2bears

Very sad news, sorry to hear about it.  Maybe the disk's data can be recovered?  Look into it if you can, I'll even volunteer to paypal donate some money to help Smiley  As an investment Wink

Bill

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Read November 05, 2007, 05:41:49 PM #334
Alex

I've got a friend who has all the hard drive recovery equipment etc, if you feel like sending ur drive to oz that is...

Sorry to hear it, it's happened to me before, it's painful losing months (or years) of work like that.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 18 queries.