SMF Underground
+ SHMUP-DEV » RAPID PROTOTYPE SESSIONS » Older Sessions » Session 10
|-+ jakman4242's entry

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Read March 03, 2009, 02:40:16 AM #0
jakman4242

jakman4242's entry

I like this idea.  Grin

My game design blog -- A bit outdated, but you might like to take a read anyway~
Or read my new blog!~ (which I do update)
My blog.
Read March 04, 2009, 05:22:42 AM #1
jakman4242

Re: jakman4242's entry

Alright, in only two days I've done major work.

Basically, the game is already done. All mechanics and such have been tweaked and twizzled. Now, I just need to add some content. This game is fairly simple, it only took me a few hours to make the basic engine.

Here's the basic idea:
You have three lives, and three bombs per life. The bombs, do not kill enemies. They will weaken the enemy to the point where one shot would kill them, but it does not do the killing itself. Rather, it "enlarges" the "Drone" class enemy of the game. By destroying large enemies, you up your power. Once your power hits 50, you can unleash an "Ultima Bomb" that completely clears the room of all threats, and gives you the point benefits and such. You can also "enlarge" the Drone enemies by shooting them with ricochet bullets. Sort of a "Style Points" thing.

Anyway, I've attached a screenshot. From now on, it'll be level design, spriting, and just a little bit more actual programming work. More enemies.

The gave is decidedly being named Cave Fish. For what reason -- I don't know. You can expect the scenery to match up to an oceanic setting soon, quite possibly.

(middle number is Power, right number is score. White orb is the player, black four-pronged is a bomb firing it's burst of bullets. Pink circles are enemies, some enlarged from the bomb.)

My game design blog -- A bit outdated, but you might like to take a read anyway~
My blog.
Read March 04, 2009, 12:34:21 PM #2
kdmiller3

To paraphrase The Simpsons: "A noble bomb embiggens the smallest drone." Grin
Read March 04, 2009, 07:19:06 PM #3
Olick

Um. Wow. That's really impressive. I wish I could work at that pace. Looking forward to this one now.
Read March 15, 2009, 09:52:55 PM #4
jakman4242

Ugggh, I had some nasty delays which lasted from... Well... Two days after I finished the base engine, to today. So sadly, I don't think I'll be able to polish this up and finish it by tomorrow.

Sorry.  Undecided

[EDIT]

Okay.. I couldn't help it. Leaving something so finished... Unfinished. Lips Sealed
So, I wrapped the game up. There's little content, and only one enemy. But it's not half bad.

Some of the mechanics have been changed(due to the game being a bit too hard)
Ultima Bombs now give you 2 extra lives when used
If you hold mouse Right before a bomb explodes, it will concentrate it's fire towards the mouse(at the time of explosion)

CONTROLS::
WASD - movement
Spacebar - Accelerate towards mouse
Mouse Left - Shoot
Mouse Right - Bomb
Mouse Middle - Ultima Bomb(only if power is greater than 50(middle number on HUD))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:43:14 PM by jakman4242 »

My blog.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 19 queries.