SMF Underground
+ SHMUP-DEV » RAPID PROTOTYPE SESSIONS » Older Sessions » Session 10
|-+ My Idea

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Read March 03, 2009, 05:00:12 AM #0
TAkinremi

My Idea

Hey peeps,

So I'm still writing and engine in XNA (could do it in C++ & Open GL but its been a while) therefore I wouldn't be able to enter this one (in fact I just found this site) so i thought I'd post an idea for anyone they want to use..

Basically the Bomb needs to be charged to be used to its full potential.
- Just press the button and it clears everything in a small radius of you.
- Hold for x seconds and it clears all scenery in the screen or maybe more than a screen if its scrolling and lasts long enough
- hold for x.5 seconds and it clears all scenery and enemies again whole screen or more
- hold for 2x seconds and its celears scenery, enemies and their bullets.

You get the gist of it, maybe work the stages so it makes sense to have the for types of bullet..
anyway hope that was helpful or gives others another idea.
happy coding
Read March 24, 2009, 03:25:33 PM #1
kdmiller3

Re: My Idea

I was going to do something like that (based on 19XX: The War Against Destiny), but I had enough trouble just getting the core theme in.  It turns out that I was missing a lot of engine support for basic things like weapon powerups and bomb pickups, and spent almost two weeks completing a hugely over-engineered general solution that didn't work out like I had hoped.

(I did, however, achieve the core concept that I had stated at the beginning of the session.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 18 queries.