the2bears

Anyone?

Does anyone have anything?  Will anyone finish this session? Tongue

Bill

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Read April 23, 2009, 11:24:17 PM #1
kdmiller3

Re: Anyone?

It'd be a squeeze since I...haven't started yet.  (Darned Mafia Wars and Vampire Wars on Facebook Grin)
Read April 23, 2009, 11:32:15 PM #2
the2bears

Same here... I might get something up, though I'm at this point intimidated at starting something.  Seems a daunting task.  (Darned Flames/Blackhawks series Grin)

Read April 23, 2009, 11:53:23 PM #3
berilium

Hi!

Because of my job and daily work at home (I am everyone's favorite slave at home) I have only a couple of hours to work on my entry Sad

Yesterday I added a new feature to my bullet pattern generator to make my life easier and I was working on the patterns tonight. I have a couple that can work in the game. So tomorrow and the weekend pretty much tweaking, adding score system and basic presentation.

If everything goes as planned I believe my entry will make it  Smiley
Read April 24, 2009, 12:36:23 AM #4
moosa

Well I'm glad to see at least someone is well on their way... tongue1 You're even talking bullet patterns here. Granted of course most of you guys have stuff like that to work with already...

My entry isn't much of anything right now. I'll try to spend a little more time with it, and I won't give up on entering quite yet, but I think its safe to say nobody's gonna spend five minutes "playing" mine. Wink
Read April 24, 2009, 01:07:15 AM #5
the2bears

If everything goes as planned I believe my entry will make it  Smiley

Cool!  And thanks for keeping at it Smiley

Bill

Read April 24, 2009, 02:05:30 AM #6
Joshua

Unfortunately I am in the same situation as many of you. I work a full time job in addition to being a full time student. I do look forward to these competitions, but I can not commit to entering them as I have about 20 to 30 minutes of "free time" a night.

Being that the deadline is four days away, I think we need to ask: Will there be a significant number of us able to finish in time? Or is an extension needed?
Read April 24, 2009, 02:23:11 AM #7
hima

I would love to join but I'm still working on my engine Sad I already have the gameplay in mind though so if I can get this engine done( which should be pretty soon, if it weren't in evil C++...) I'll join in the last minute Smiley
Read April 24, 2009, 02:45:59 AM #8
Mr.Keng

gimme a few days.
Read April 24, 2009, 02:13:05 PM #9
the2bears

gimme a few days.

No problem, you still have the whole weekend plus Monday Smiley  So do I for that matter Embarrassed

Bill

Read April 24, 2009, 09:14:41 PM #10
Null1024

No chance of me finishing, but I could get something slightly resembling a game... and no chance of it properly fitting the theme...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 12:36:24 PM by Null1024 »

Read April 25, 2009, 04:36:18 AM #11
the2bears

No chance of me finishing, but I could get something slightly resembling a game...

Go for it.  I've scaled back my idea a bit, and I think I'll be able to get a very basic thing together.  Really helps having Pixel Spaceships and cartoon explosions lying around Wink

Bill

Read April 25, 2009, 05:30:38 AM #12
moosa

I've spent part of the afternoon, all evening, and now it seems its morning, working on mine. Progress, yes. Nearly finished, no. If I do submit something on Monday, it will be very incomplete. And by "incomplete" I mean in terms of my goal to simply create a working version of the powerup system.
Read April 25, 2009, 11:26:47 AM #13
worstplayer

I'm not sure if i'm going to release my game. As it is now, it doesn't really fit the theme, the evolution is purely visual with no effect on gameplay.
Read April 25, 2009, 05:09:26 PM #14
moosa

I don't think anyone would really mind. Smiley This isn't meant to be that rigid I don't think, and as it is I don't think very many of us that started are going to end up submitting something, so the more the better I'd say.

I think I'm going to forgo submitting mine for this session though. I've been working on it more today as well, and the foundation of the powerup system is all in place, but I'm still only finishing up the second powerup's mechanics out of six total, and each of them being distinctly different. This was hardly a waste of time though, and I will keep working on this and finish it up more with sounds and other fluff as a working demonstration of my game concept. Once I've gotten it to some form of completeness I'll post it here in the forums for you guys, but I apologize that I wasn't able to finish this within the session period.

I look forward to seeing what you guys have managed anyways.  Smiley
Read April 25, 2009, 06:47:07 PM #15
hima

I think I'll enter after all. The framework is almost finished I need to test how to manage the bullet pattern anyway Cheesy
Read April 28, 2009, 01:12:03 AM #16
moosa

Do I get bonus points for uploading early? Please tell me more than like two of you guys are posting something...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 19 queries.