Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.  • Help
SMF Underground
+ SHMUP-DEV » SHMUP DEV FORUMS » Assistance
|-+ Mobile Gaming Test Automation

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Read January 05, 2006, 08:24:12 AM #0
abhinavvaid

Mobile Gaming Test Automation

Its been almost 2 years since I have been involved in mobile gaming industry(at an applications level) primarily for QA and Release and occasionally some port related contributions.

I have done a lot of automation in the past years of my career, and wanted to implement the same here also. Its not that bad as I did automate the generic Smoke Test that we presently have for all mobile game testing. It takes care of right from pulling out the sources, building, checking attributes etc, printing and logging reports, and then finally sending it to the respective people.

I am very interested to make the entire stuff automated. Although I have tried to make use of Actrive Perl along with Win32 OLE automation and have been successful to some extent, i.e., invoking the game, doing a couple of clicks and then closing, which any automation tool can also do. All this has been done over the emulator and not the real device. Almost all the devices that we have are Symbian based, so hooking the handset to the desktop and then pushing the binaries is not an issue. The problem is what support Symbian provides for automation, or does it require to learn the engine specifics, in other works AI and/or related stuff so that we actually know about the outcome from the other end also as per the user inputs/delays associated etc etc.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 18 queries.