Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.  • Help
SMF Underground
+ SHMUP-DEV » SHMUP DEV FORUMS » Assistance
|-+ New Game / Level Designer is looking for some projects to assist.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Read January 11, 2006, 02:05:52 AM #0
Edge

New Game / Level Designer is looking for some projects to assist.

Hi everyone,
I am new to this community.

Short about me:
I like video games a lot, almost any genre. But I tend to like 2D Gameplay games more than 3D ones. However I always was very interested in making own games. And whenever I had a game with a level editor. I was more working on doing own levels than actually playing the game.   Grin

I have worked with several game maker programs like Games Factory, RPG Maker 2000 or level editors for different retro games. Unfortunately I always mess up with game creators, because I am really bad with getting my ideas to work. On my latest "project" (a shmup with Games Factory) I quitted the work several times because I simply couldn't get the weapon system or the enemies attack patterns and behavior to work. In the end I just couldn't quit the work and tried something else instead. Still I haven't finished even half of the first level and I had to throw away many ideas. That's why I am very frustrated at the moment. Finally I came to the conclusion that I won't be making a game all alone any soon.

So I would like to ask if there are any teams I can join or if anyone is gathering people for an upcoming project?

If you are interested, I'd be glad to make some example works of my level designs / game or story designs and send them to you.
Read January 11, 2006, 03:49:26 AM #1
solidcube

Re: New Game / Level Designer is looking for some projects to assist.

I think you're more likely to get interest as a level designer.  Game designs are a dime a dozen.  That's mostly a position for already established programmers or personas in large companies who need a high-profile job without much hard work.
Read January 11, 2006, 04:08:57 AM #2
Edge

Thanks for the advice Solidcube.
Maybe the description Game / Level Designer is not so well chosen. I didn't mean to sound like I am looking for a "high-profile job" or some super important person. I am very new to this community, so I would be glad if I just could assist some team on a project with my level designs. This way I'd get more experience and then I would have some refferences for future projects.

I have seen this "horizontal shmup with BOSS" contest, this seems to be a good place to introduce myself to this community. There may be a team who'd like to give a total newcomer a chance on a just 3 month project.  Smiley
Read January 12, 2006, 12:39:02 AM #3
2dguy

Do you work for free?
Read January 12, 2006, 03:12:41 AM #4
Edge

Yes, I'd work for free.

Edit:
Do you have any projects in mind, where I could join? Smiley
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 03:26:15 AM by Edge »
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 18 queries.