Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.  • Help
SMF Underground
+ SHMUP-DEV » SHMUP DEV FORUMS » Assistance
|-+ How are we defining "SHUMP"?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Read August 26, 2011, 05:51:08 PM #0
Lazy Brain Games

How are we defining "SHUMP"?

Hi all! I have a new game out, that definitely involves shooting, but I couldn't seem to find anything really addressing what qualifies as a SHMUP Tongue Strictly games like Gradius and Raiden? or is it a broader term that would include Contra and Metal Slug? Anyway, I'm eager to post a new game, but I'm not sure if it even belongs on these forums lol! This one is much more like Contra than Gradius Wink Let me know Cheesy

-Johnny B.
Read August 26, 2011, 06:50:07 PM #1
CrazyFoo

Re: How are we defining "SHUMP"?

Run n' Gun games like Contra, Metal Slug, CyberLip etc are definitely offspring of the shmup genre. I'm sure no one would be offended if you posted your game, unless it involved pink mini ponies and puppies rolling around on the floor. That said, if such puppies and ponies shot bullets out of their mouths and let off a massive fart as a smart bomb we would let you off.
Read August 26, 2011, 11:33:21 PM #2
Lazy Brain Games

lol, good to know Wink I think my new game "Infernal Edge" ought to fit right in then Wink Here's the link to the post here on SHMUP-DEV:

http://www.shmup-dev.com/forum/index.php/topic,3549.0.html

Thanks!

-Johnny B.
Read August 27, 2011, 12:29:46 PM #3
CrazyFoo

Nice work! I'm had a bit of a brain freeze, even though I'm sure your game is welcome on Shmup dev it would be better to post it in the "Showcase" part of the forum. This part is really for people having problems with their personal projects as developers, for coding advice etc. I'm sure one of the mods will gladly move it for you though  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 18 queries.