SMF Underground
+ SHMUP-DEV » SHMUP DEV FORUMS » Business and Marketing
|-+ custom image(s) for sale

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Read May 05, 2006, 11:45:28 AM #0
Lupin

custom image(s) for sale

Cinco de Mayo special:
For an order placed within the next 7 days (to the 12th or until I change my mind) I am temporarily offering up to a 500x500 pixel drawing for 50$US.  I retain copyright of the picture.  (So that I can later publish the picture if I choose or do something else with it.)  First come first serve.  Variations on the service (such as a larger or additional drawing) are available (50$ minimum so I can take some friends to lunch).

Standard images by the way will be in jpg or png. 

Normally it will take 2-7 business days till finish.

You could order for example a 500x500 image with a pair of 250x500 pilot busts for 2/100ths of a penny per pixel.  Or four 250x250 head shots for an average of 12.50$ per shot.

Also
I'll draw a "fan art" at an undecided future time for the first request.  I think I'll make a thread for this part in the art section.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 08:04:35 AM by Lupin »

Read May 05, 2006, 05:01:50 PM #1
Matt McFarland

Re: custom image(s) for sale

So your talking about a special on portrait liek art or ilustrations?  Perhaps stuff like a main menu or storyboard?

<a href="http://www.mattmcfarland.com/flash/myFlashSig.swf" target="_blank">http://www.mattmcfarland.com/flash/myFlashSig.swf</a>
Read May 05, 2006, 11:34:39 PM #2
Lupin

Any type of drawing.=)
Read May 06, 2006, 07:57:56 PM #3
oNyx

500x500 is pretty odd. Why not 512x512?

And $50 is way too expensive for most things. For something like this (its a spritesheet from hell's segment) it would be very cheap... if it would be something exclusive (otherwise it would be pretty useless).

And "any type of drawing" well, quite frankly... your page doesnt really look like you can do any type of drawing.

Oh and your page... here is a link for you:
http://www.jonjones.us/2005/10/your-portfolio-repels-jobs.html
Read May 07, 2006, 07:51:37 AM #4
Lupin

500 x 500 is just a round number.  For 512 x 512 it will cost 51.20$.  Wink  50$ is just a round number for lunch and possibly tip.

I think the price is low for other types of images such as portraits, for reasons including that more "painted" or realistic images can take many many hours.   Also because the price is fixed up to 500x500 pixels. 

Like I was saying variations are available, that would include if a customer wants to buy exclusive ownership.  I mainly just want to be able to later publish the image myself if I want to.  For example if I had submitted an image to any of the games I've seen here, I wouldn't care if they published the game for profit.  I just don't want my drawing showing up in a game where like the game play is about living the life of a child predator narco terrorist.  Of course no one at shmup-dev will be making CPNT.  I think not buying exclusive ownership will lower cost for an indie developer.

On that web page it's just meant to be an "online sketch book", and I might put up an online portfolio like your suggestion.  I see your point about the portfolio.  You could say that web page is currently informal and this offer is informal.  You would advocate not making any offer in the future without a directly linked to portfolio?

Although there is no images there such as a game main menu or sprite sheet, I will make one for a customer that wants one.  Smiley 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 07:59:53 AM by Lupin »

Read May 09, 2006, 01:04:57 PM #5
Ultrano

Although there is no images there such as a game main menu or sprite sheet, I will make one for a customer that wants one.  Smiley 

You're making a deadlock here. You won't get a customer unless you show you can do spritesheets, and you want to make a spritesheet after you've got a customer  Huh?.

Of course, uploading a whole spritesheet doesn't feel safe, so why not make a spritesheet, and combine many of its sprites into a pane, as if it's a screenshot of a shmup game? Smiley

[btw, I'm an artist, too: sprites, gfx, anime... + a coder, so I don't think I'll be easily ignored ^^]

Looking at http://artificialeclipse.com/Original/page04.html , I say MS Paint won't get you far (though I did sell well software that used 20 bmps 782x500px, almost completely drawn in Paint. Learn GIMP.
A good plus is to learn to make 3D models + skin them.
Read May 11, 2006, 12:12:21 AM #6
RedKnight

Too expensive!!     Roll Eyes

I can even make one, free for mah self.
since I can do 3d modeling and 2d drawing which as a artist I'm very confident of.

since it is 2d 500x500 why not drop it too.
$ 10 ?

even I wanted to sell some 3d models for 15$.

Grin
ciao!

Be Attitude for Gains
Read May 13, 2006, 03:01:25 PM #7
SkyWay

I'd say that you don't get yourself far with this offer. First of all I cant' see any proof of your skills. And then 50 f*****g dollars for a 500x500 pic? I don't get it...I offered my services for free and I can do 2d AND 3d AND in any size the customers want without wanting any money (well not to mention that if the game/something would be sold then yes) I do art because I love making it. I will be happy to just get a good word in the credits (thats the minimum requirement)

You are offering something no one will buy... make it free at first and then someone could be interested... too bad for you.

Think before acting :" Would I want something like this?"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 04:48:11 PM by Matt McFarland »
Read May 13, 2006, 03:09:00 PM #8
SkyWay

Okay.........found your site......

Not good....

Don't try before you train. Sorry.

And in the case you'll say "Do it better yourself!"

skyway.deviantart.com

So there.
Read May 13, 2006, 04:58:27 PM #9
Matt McFarland

I cant find this site?  Where is it?

<a href="http://www.mattmcfarland.com/flash/myFlashSig.swf" target="_blank">http://www.mattmcfarland.com/flash/myFlashSig.swf</a>
Read May 13, 2006, 06:23:47 PM #10
SkyWay

Push the "Earth" button in his...well...

<--------that...user panel?

Yep.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 18 queries.