Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.  • Help
SMF Underground
+ SHMUP-DEV » SHMUP DEV COMPETITIONS » Previous SHMUP-DEV Competitions » AutoFire 2007 SHOOTER Competition [COMPLETED]
|-+ RULES

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Read February 04, 2007, 01:18:18 AM #40
Pixel_Outlaw

Re: RULES

Not that I'm impatient (really I'm not!) but I was wondering if there is a time table on results or just 'wait and see'?  Thanks again for setting up the comp!
Last time Matt had employed some turtles with the result documents attached to their backs. I heard he has upgraded to a faster and more reliable carrier pidgeon service. Assuming your pidgeon isn't shot for food you should be getting the results within the next 2 to 6 months. Grin

Aviator sunglasses are pretty much the shmups of the sunglasses world.
Read February 04, 2007, 01:26:46 AM #41
Tim

Well, I don't want to give any pressure to the other judges... Grin
Read February 04, 2007, 02:11:49 AM #42
the2bears

Not that I'm impatient (really I'm not!) but I was wondering if there is a time table on results or just 'wait and see'?  Thanks again for setting up the comp!
Last time Matt had employed some turtles with the result documents attached to their backs. I heard he has upgraded to a faster and more reliable carrier pidgeon service. Assuming your pidgeon isn't shot for food you should be getting the results within the next 2 to 6 months. Grin

Yes, each bit in the binary results file is being flown in by pidgeon.  TCP over bird, as they say, lost packets are an issue.  And all kidding aside, I remember reading an article/study a few years back on pidgeons being one of the most reliable and efficient ways to move data.  Go figure Smiley

Bill

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Read February 05, 2007, 06:19:12 PM #43
Matt McFarland

I'll just drop in to say "soon" as in, before March hopefully.  Here's your Road Map

1. Judges all place reviews

2. Website is put together

3. Press release is launched and website is showcased

We're still at #1.  The #2 and #3 should only take a couple days.  I want our reviews to be well written so we are taking our time with each game! Please be patient as we work hard at getting the best results together! Smiley

<a href="http://www.mattmcfarland.com/flash/myFlashSig.swf" target="_blank">http://www.mattmcfarland.com/flash/myFlashSig.swf</a>
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 18 queries.