Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.  • Help
SMF Underground
+ SHMUP-DEV » SHMUP DEV COMPETITIONS » Previous SHMUP-DEV Competitions » AutoFire 2007 SHOOTER Competition [COMPLETED] » Unfinished Entries
|-+ Epileptica Forte

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Read September 26, 2006, 06:29:22 PM #0
9_6

Epileptica Forte

Well then here's my entry:

It's a vertical shooter.
You control a pink dragon which shoots with stuff like explosive hearts, homing butterflies or armor piercing flowers at hordes of futuristic aircraft in order to bring happiness to the world... or something.
The flashy colours and blinking images will give you a happy seizure in no time Smiley

You will use the keyboard to control the game but gamepad input will be supported too.

Here are some screenshots of the current -not yet release ready- Version:

Read September 26, 2006, 07:05:45 PM #1
Adigun A. Polack

Re: Epileptica Forte

Ahh, how cute!!  And very good title design, too.  Just be careful that you do not bring any seizures to the players, ok please?  Cuteness is A-OK though, and I like the screenshots, too, to its credit so far.  Wink !

Best of good fortune to you on your entry, 9_6.  Do your best!!!  Grin=b
Read September 26, 2006, 11:56:50 PM #2
relsoft

Looks really nice!!!
Thumbs up!!!

Hello
Read September 27, 2006, 03:56:13 AM #3
geekman

Ah, Good looking shots there! Dang! I'm starting to think I shouldn't join the compo....  Embarrassed I didn't aim to win, but with all these good looking entries, my game (at least in my mind) starts to look pale... really pale... perhaps dead pale... Undecided

But I'm not gonna give up, yet. Gotta work harder on my design part...
Read October 15, 2006, 09:06:47 PM #4
cactus

The screens look quite charming, but the cutesy is a bit too girly for me. I prefer the manly cuteness in games such as Catamari Damacy, Kirby and Loco Roco.

One thing that makes me worried is the size of the player, it's going to be tough to avoid bullets in those tiny screens with a big f-in dragon  Shocked

After playing Hyper Wars and Edge, I'm pretty sure that you can pull it off with good results, though!
I'll be looking forward to seeing some progress reports soon  Cool
Read October 16, 2006, 12:42:53 AM #5
im9today

Very nice, although just judging from the screens I feel the same way Cactus does about the player's size. The sky is a little too saturated too, it's bright blue rather than a nice soft sky tone. And I like the cute direction. :3 *checks wrists to make sure they aren't limp*

reputedly being hit by a bus repeatedly
Read February 01, 2007, 06:14:36 AM #6
9_6

Seems like I didn't make it in time.
I should never have started this in the first place.
I didn't exactly have much time to work on this, then there was a phase where I basically was slacking off and now I end up with nothing presentable.
The game didn't only have the purpose to be in this contest. I needed it for a presentation to.
The presentation passed by and after it, I didn't exactly work on this project very much and deciced to dedicate most of my little coding time to my other, older project Hyperwars since its cancelation would surely disappoint a whole lot more people than this little sideproject.
My apologies to everyone who expected something from this Sad
Maybe I'll throw together what I have until now to give you something playable but for me this contest is over.
Once again, sorry.
Read February 01, 2007, 05:22:06 PM #7
the2bears

Finish it up, but do it for yourself Smiley 

And me, if that helps.  I'd love to see it finished.

Bill

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Read February 01, 2007, 06:25:04 PM #8
cactus

Too bad. Although I'm glad to hear that Hyper Wars is still being made. That game is more my style than this (and I like it a lot) Grin
Read February 01, 2007, 06:56:50 PM #9
the2bears

Too bad. Although I'm glad to hear that Hyper Wars is still being made. That game is more my style than this (and I like it a lot) Grin

Yes!  Hyperwars is a great game Smiley

Bill

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 19 queries.