Pages: [1]   Go Down
Read April 16, 2007, 10:04:13 AM #0
SoftPressRelease.com

"How Do Press Releases Help Sell More?"

Hello all,

Today on our website we published the new article  which is titled "How
Press Releases Help Software Companies Sell More?"

In this article we tried to describe our experience of getting 2 different
projects (one of them is a hit casual games company Sugar Games) into press by systematic press release distribution.

Exact statistics of traffic, downloads or sales change, titles of the press
releases sent, angles from which the game was presented in the copies,
links to offline media where our press releases were finally published,
reasoning and conclusion - you can find all this in the article.

To read this article, just click here:
http://www.softpressrelease.com/articles/pressrelease_help_sell.shtml

Hope you will find the article interesting and helpful. Thank you for your
attention.

Best of luck!

Eugenia Kolobukhova,
SoftPressRelease.com -
Technical writing, gaming press release writing and distribution
info@SoftPressRelease.com
www.SoftPressRelease.com

Read April 16, 2007, 11:32:45 AM #1
Taiphoz

Re: "How Do Press Releases Help Sell More?"

As a one man developer and an unemployed one at that, I don't have the money pre release to pay for this sort of service, which is a shame because in the end its you losing out on trade.

If you could offer a free one time per developer pre release, it could help this a lot, the indie developer gets his press release, and gets the chance to trial your service on his products, if it works and sales increase then you have just secured a buying customer for all of his future indie games.

I know speaking for myself here, that if I got a free one, and it worked, I would buy a press release for all future games I make.

Just an idea.

PS, the article is fine, but its less of an article and more of an advertisement for your service, more helpfull information would have been what sites and companies that you contact with your information, and how to compile a press release to make it look professional and not just "Hi try this ::downloadlink::"

Read April 16, 2007, 04:24:23 PM #2
Art_Sempai

My press release knowledge comes from comics publishing, but it's all the same.
I'd say first Google "How to do a Press Release" Yavin.

Then there's sites like this to check out.
http://www.free-press-release.com/

Read April 16, 2007, 04:43:34 PM #3
Taiphoz

Yeah I used to have a friend handle all my press, 42 thousand websites were in his list but hes no longer doing it, he did it free as well which was good.

I am pretty sure there was or is a programme called submit wolf or something that all you need to do is fill in the details, and then whack submit and it sends your game data to thousands of sites. that's more about distribution of data rather than a prss release tho.

I have also had stuff in a UK Games Magazine as well as one of my games being on a UK TV Show.

I can handle a press release, that being said, its nice having one done for you, and if it can be done for free at least for the first time then that's even better.

Read April 17, 2007, 11:40:28 AM #4
SoftPressRelease.com

Hello,

If you could offer a free one time per developer pre release, it could help this a lot, the indie developer gets his press release, and gets the chance to trial your service on his products, if it works and sales increase then you have just secured a buying customer for all of his future indie games.

Thank you a lot for your comment, the idea is interesting but not new. I would really love to send all the press releases for free for you guys Smiley, honestly, but we can not work for free, you know. So i would just recommend you to put more effort into improving your games now, to sell more of them. Because to some people it may seem that if a developer doesn't have money enough for a press release, the sales are not ok. If the sales are not ok it may happen that the game is not interesting enough, if so any journalist will hardly ever try to write an article about the game. If no article is published what can the developer think? He will be sure that the press release agency he used is all fake and don't do their job well.

Nothing personal, really. I'm always ready to give good discounts to a newcomer. But it must be reasonable.

PS, the article is fine, but its less of an article and more of an advertisement for your service, more helpfull information would have been what sites and companies that you contact with your information, and how to compile a press release to make it look professional and not just "Hi try this ::downloadlink::"

We have many articles on our website, read them, i'm sure you will find them helpful. This article "How do press releases help sell more?" was written because our customers told us they would be happy to read some success stories. That's what we tried to do.

Other articles can be found here:
http://www.softpressrelease.com/articles/

Hope i didn't sound too strict Smiley

Evgenia Kolobukhova
SoftPressRelease.com
Technical writing, press release distribution
eugenia@SoftPressRelease.com
http://www.SoftPressRelease.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 18 queries.